|MACRO||Macro lens. Designed for close-up photography.|
|Position in the lineup|
|Canon FDn 50mm F/3.5 Macro||1:2||Jun 1979||⊗|
|Canon FD 50mm F/3.5 S.S.C. Macro||1:2||Mar 1973||⊗|
|Canon FL 50mm F/3.5 Macro||1:2||Jun 1965||⊗|
|Maximum format:||35mm full frame|
|Diagonal angle of view:||46.8° (35mm full frame)|
|Lens construction:||4 elements in 3 groups|
|Number of blades:||6|
|Closest focusing distance:||1:2: 23.4 cm|
|Life-size adapter: 20.9 cm|
|Magnification ratio:||1:2 at the closest focusing distance|
|Maximum diameter x Length:||Ø64 x 56 mm|
|Filter size:||58 mm|
Design and Features
Macro Canon Lens FL 50mm F 3.5 for use with Canon SLR cameras is an extremely versatile lens possessing high resolution power. It can be used in any situation from general to ultra close-up photography. For instance, it can be used as a regular camera lens. It can also be used for special situation photography such as photo copying or for life size or greater than life size images of minute creature life. And it can be used to capture clear images of everything within this wide range. The Macro Canon Lens is in short, one of the most versatile and useful lenses a photographer can own.
It is also one of the easiest lenses to use. While the field of close-up and magnification photography (macrophotography) is more specialized than general photography, the Macro Canon Lens has been designed with a number of automatic features to enable anyone to use the lens fully from the moment it is mounted on the camera. The lens has also been made lightweight - 290 g (10 oz) - for easy handling.
The world of macrophotography is a new enchanting world for most photographers. Subjects are unlimited. Enter and explore it fully with the Macro Canon Lens.
1. In the optical designing of the Macro Canon Lens every measure is taken to ensure maximum resolution power. Various aberrations are eliminated; boundary light volume is greatly increased; and color balance is corrected. Emphasis is also placed on the helicoid mechanism which automatically corrects exposure factor in close-up photography. Thus an uniformly clear image is obtained whether the lens is focused for close-up or infinity shooting.
2. Macro Canon Lens can be used in an almost unlimited variety of situations - from general photography to accurate photo copying of medical records, rare books, or any situation requiring close-up and magnification photography.
3. Macro Canon Lens offers an extremely wide focusing range - from 1:1 ultra close-ups at 20.9 cm, to infinity for general photography. The lens' special helicoid adjustment for focusing allows a free selection of subjects throughout this wide range.
4. Macro Canon Lens features a completely automatic diaphragm mechanism. The lens also has a manual aperture ring that allows the photographer to confirm depth of field.
5. When taking close-up photographs, the amount of light that reaches the film decreases as the focal length of the lens increases. The Canon Macro Lens automatically makes this exposure correction since its aperture setting is coupled to the helicoid focusing mechanism. Manual adjustment and time consuming calculations are unnecessary.
6. By utilizing accessories such as Bellows FL and Extension Tube FL, macrophotography greater than 1:1 is easily obtained.
7. In 1:1 macrophotography, the life size adaptor that comes with the lens must be used. Even when this adaptor is used, the lens aperture setting remains automatic, and the exposure factor is still automatically corrected.